Support Students to Achieve their Dreams in Science and Engineering Fields
Your donation to the Hertz Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3), gives exceptionally creative and innovative young men and women the opportunity to pursue a PhD degree in the applied physical, engineering and biological sciences with financial, technical, and mentoring support. The Hertz Graduate Fellowship, free from traditional research restrictions, provides Fellows with the maximum freedom to innovate.
For over 50 years, since 1963, Hertz Fellows have been leaders and innovators throughout the public and private sectors. The creativity of their patents, inventions, teaching skills, business acumen, and research substantially impact our nation in science and engineering innovations.
Remarkable Creativity of Hertz Fellows Extends Across all Economic Sectors
- Founded more than 200 companies—from start-ups to international corporations
- 3,000 patents, and thousands of patents pending approval
- 200 major national and international awards including:
- 2 Nobel Prizes in Physics
- 30 members of the National Academies of Sciences and Engineering
- 400 teach and research in tenured or tenure-track faculty positions
- 100 lead in key positions at the National Laboratories, including Sandia, Los Alamos, Livermore, and Berkeley Laboratories.
- 100 serve as military officers—with 3 serving as General Officers
- 3 are University Presidents
Your Contribution Directly Advances Creativity and Innovation in STEM Fields
Through science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, the Hertz Fellows pursue innovative research and entrepreneurial ideas in laboratories at universities across our country. Each year the Foundation selects Hertz Fellows through a highly competitive application and interview process. Currently the Foundation annually awards up to fifteen graduate student Fellowships for fully-funded PhD research, including tuition and stipend (for up to five years).
Every gift of any size counts. Every gift matters today.
Click here for Donation Pledge Form
Please send check or money order to:
The Fannie and John Hertz Foundation
2300 First Street, Suite 250
Livermore, CA 94550